At the conclusion of WWII, men and women returned home from Asia, with many passing via Hawai’i. They returned wearing these bright jerseys on their backs. These shirts were a promise of lighter days ahead after a long and dismal period.
In 1946, Aloha Week was established. A yearly celebration of Hawaii’s distinctive culture, dance, and music that includes a wide range of activities. Aloha Week now attracts over 100,000 people on average – Tropical fruit new york rangers full printed hawaiian shirt
A-list celebrity assistance – In 1988, astronauts on NASA’s 26th space shuttle mission joined in the fun. Bing Crosby in the 1930s and Duke Kahanamoku, the famed Hawaiian Olympian, in the 1950s expanded the shirt’s visibility. Then, in 1953, with the film From Here to Eternity, Ernest Borgnine, Montgomery Clift, and Frank Sinatra received a lot of attention. Not to mention The King, Elvis Presley, who wore many Aloha Shirts while playing and singing on the sands of Waikiki in the 1961 classic film Blue Hawai’i. In addition, by wearing Aloha Shirts in public, two presidents of the time, Harry Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower, raised the shirts’ awareness internationally. When Mickey and Minnie Mouse were in the mood, they wore Aloha Shirts as well…
Hawaiian shirt became the 50th state in 1959
and the popularity of The Aloha Shirt grew as California surfers returned home wearing their brightly colored shirts and board shorts. Although President Harry Truman’s stint as president of the United States ended in 1953, he and his staff contributed to the advancement of Hawaii’s fashion sector. Most of his staff, including the president, wore wonderful Aloha Shirts in this photo.
Aloha Friday – In 1946, a request was made to the Honolulu Chamber of Commerce to wear more lightweight clothing during the summer months. During the summer, Aloha Shirts and Aloha Wear made their way into the office. Then came Aloha Friday, which debuted in 1960. On Fridays, everyone was allowed to arrive to work dressed casually (what became known as Aloha Wear). Later on, this became known as Casual Friday on the mainland. Aloha Shirts and Dresses began to debut as uniforms for Disneyland and other well-known firms at the same time.
Some details about our product – Tropical fruit new york rangers full printed hawaiian shirt
- 100% kate silk casual button-down shirts/soft acceptable regular fit/breathable/good quality/men designer shirts /good choice for summer/men designer shirts hawaiian tees
- Printing technique: dye-sublimation printing
- Washing variations: machine wash cold, only non-chlorine bleach when needed, hang dry, cool iron on reverse side or dry clean
- Time to complete: 3-6 business days
Note: Tropical fruit new york rangers full printed hawaiian shirt
– due to the fact that the size is measured by hand, please allow for a 1-3 cm fluctuation in dimension.
– due to differences in monitors and lighting effects, the actual color of the item may differ somewhat from the visual representation.
Connect us at: