4 ways to deodorize sweaters, cashmere shirts without dry cleaning – Freddy Krueger The Springwood Slasher Ugly Christmas Sweater
The cold season has come. Putting away the two-piece summer dresses, we start to look to sweaters and cashmere to keep warm. If you’re like me, you must have a very warm, very soft and comfortable shirt. However, sweaters are not as easy to wash as cotton summer coats. Almost every sweater model has a laundry sign that says , “Professional dry cleaning only”.
Of course, dry cleaning is the best method of removing odors and preserving sweaters and cashmere shirts. However, you can apply the following tips to deodorize sweaters. They will save you time and money having to go to the dry cleaners too much.
1. Deodorize with activated carbon or coffee
For sweaters or cashmere tops that require dry cleaning, use a deodorizer that doesn’t use water. Therefore, activated carbon or coffee is a great choice. Activated charcoal can absorb odors. And coffee both deodorizes and brings a pleasant aroma to the shirt.
- Use about 5-10 activated charcoal tablets, or half a kilo of ground coffee
- Put them in an old pair of stockings – you’ll have to throw them away after they get contaminated with black crumbs from activated charcoal.
- Place the sweater or cashmere top in a large nylon bag. Roll a pair of foot socks containing coffee or activated carbon to the side. Close the mouth of the nylon bag. Activated carbon and coffee will begin to deodorize your sweaters, cashmere shirts.
- Activated carbon is effective for 5 days.
- Coffee is valid for 2 days.
- After this time is over, you will have to replace it with new activated carbon/coffee beans.
- After the shirt has been deodorized, brush the shirt with a wool brush, to remove activated carbon dust or spilled coffee beans.
2. Deodorize with baking soda powder
Baking soda also works to absorb odors. However, you will have to coat the entire shirt in baking soda to get rid of the smell. Don’t worry – once the smell has gone, you can use a brush to brush away any remaining powder.
- Put the sweater or cashmere top in a paper bag.
- Sprinkle baking soda evenly all over the shirt. Fold the top of the bag and leave overnight.
- Throw away the baking soda. Use a brush to brush away any remaining powder on the sweater. You can also use a small handheld vacuum cleaner to suck up the white powder.
3. Deodorize, remove stains with white vinegar
Some sweaters allow hand washing. If this shirt has stains from food, grease, or the smell of cigarettes, smoke, etc., you can use a solution of vinegar to deodorize the sweater.
- Mix a solution of 50% white vinegar and 50% clean water
- Use this solution to wet a small corner of the shirt. You let the solution infuse for 2-3 hours. If this little corner is not faded or ruffled, you can confidently clean the shirt with the vinegar solution.
- Pour the solution into a spray-cap bottle. Mist all over the sweater until it’s damp. Then dry. The smell of vinegar will go away within a few days.
- If your shirt has stains, you can use this solution to remove stains directly.
4. Deodorize, remove stains with dog and cat deodorant solution
As for the shirts just bought, they sometimes still have the musty smell of new wool. Since wool and cashmere are all animal hair, you can use an animal deodorant solution to remove the smell. For example, the Queen brand dog and cat deodorant product imported from Canada. This product is completely natural and contains no harmful chemicals. You can safely wear your sweater or cashmere again after using this product to deodorize.
- Use a cat and dog deodorant solution to wet a small corner of the shirt. You let the solution infuse for 2-3 hours. If this little corner is not faded or ruffled, you can clean the shirt with confidence.
- Mist Queen bleach all over the sweater. Then dry. When drying, you should also pay attention to the laundry symbol. The symbol will tell you whether to dry in the shade, to dry horizontally, or to dry the shirt in the sun.
- With these tips, you won’t need to constantly dry-clean your cashmere sweaters.
Some details about our product – Freddy Krueger The Springwood Slasher Ugly Christmas Sweater
Key features: this casual wardrobe-essential comes in a lightweight fabric perfect for comfortable everyday wear suitable for special occasions such as christmas, birthday, celebration, and housewarming gift this sweater is perfect on its own or as a layer under a blazer or jacket this casual wardrobe-essential comes in a lightweight fabric perfect for comfortable everyday wear suitable for special occasions such as christmas, birthday, celebration, and housewarming gift
information about the product:
- The fabric is 60% cotton, 30% acrylic, and 10% spandex.
- Wool active fibre reacts to the temperature of your body, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- dye-sublimation printing is a type of printing that uses dyes to adhere to a surface
- Machine wash cold, only use non-chlorine bleach when necessary, hang dry, cool iron on reverse side, or dry clean
- 3-6 business days for production
note: Freddy Krueger The Springwood Slasher Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Because the size is manually measured, please allow for a 1-3 cm fluctuation in dimension.
- Due to differences in monitors and lighting effects, the actual color of the item may differ somewhat from the visual representation.
- Our top concern is client happiness. If you are dissatisfied, please contact us so that we can resolve the issue. We wish you a pleasant shopping experience.
Connect us at: